ADVERTISEMENT

Top Juco pass rusher visiting Laramie

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
If there is one thing Maurice Daniels knows how to do, it is get the quarterback and the numbers bear that out. Daniels led the California Community College Athletic Association with 19.5 sacks last season.

The Wyoming football staff will be trying to persuade Daniels to bring that productivity to Laramie as he takes an official visit to Wyoming.

"I just a place where I can better myself and be successful," Daniels said Tuesday. "Somewhere I can say, 'I proud to be a alumni of that college.'"

Daniels is listed as 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds. According to the West Hills website, he is also a Chicago native. This year he helped his West Hills Community College team to a 9-1 record and number three ranking in the Northern California Division of the California Community College State Football Poll.

Last season, Daniels accounted for 54 tackles and 19.5 sacks, including 3.5 against Los Medanos College, and another three-sack game at Gavilan.

Daniels said he has scholarship offers from Wyoming, Fresno State, Idaho, and Georgia State. Wyoming is the only visit he has set at this point in time.

"I will have a decision hopefully by the middle or end of January," he said. "Wyoming is one of the colleges I am definitely keep in mind throughout this recruiting process.

"It's all about who has the best program were I can better myself, become a member of a family, help me in my career," he added.

Maurice Daniels

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News