ADVERTISEMENT

Pine Bluffs (Wyo.) Hunter Thompson has two favorites

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
After becoming one of the biggest college basketball recruits to come out of Wyoming in years, Pine Bluffs High School center Hunter Thompson has continued to put up strong numbers, averaging 22 points and 12 boards per game.

"I feel like my attitude has improved,” Thompson said. “Last year numerous people have told me that I am too nice on the court and if you would meet me off the court, I am pretty generous and sometimes that can get in the way of my performance in the court. I feel like I am better at getting into a killer instinct.

“(Wyoming Assistant) Coach Duncan told me that is kind of the next step that I have to take to become a great player.”

Thompson holds scholarships from Colorado, Wyoming, Creighton, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, San Diego, and Utah State. He is also hearing a lot from Wisconsin, and Clemson among others. Two schools are standing out for Thompson.

“I was planning on cutting down my list of schools that were recruiting me by the end my high school season this year,” Thompson said. “My two favorite schools are probably Wyoming and Creighton.”

Thompson has been to Laramie twice, as well as two trips to Creighton. He plans to visit Clemson later this summer.

“I didn’t have very high attitude towards Creighton until I visited,” Thompson said. “When I sat down and talked to Coach (Greg) McDermott it was very eye-opening and I can see myself fitting well into the program. I just like the way the Big East has some well-known teams in there like Villanova, Georgetown and St. Johns.

“I think about the competition I would see every night and Creighton doesn’t have a big variety of sports like some colleges and the I like the support system I would have if I went there.”

Thompson said he has seen a pair of Wyoming games this season and likes what he sees in a program he feels very comfortable with. He adds that he is also hearing a lot from his friends from home about coming to Wyoming.

“Just more and more my friends are going to Laramie and they tell me I need to go there and how well I would fit in,” Thompson said. “I feel like they have a very bright future. You can just tell at some point they will be doing some very good things for a young team.”

https://wyoming.n.rivals.com/news/thompson-has-two-on-top

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News