ADVERTISEMENT

I'm disappointed but not discouraged.

Sportsfan1961

Trail Boss
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2004
Missouri is a load. They're stacked with big, fast players. They have more talented depth than we do. The difference between P5 conference talent and depth and the talent and depth in the remaining conferences is real and obvious in most cases. The MWC is a good conference but it will never be the Big Ten, SEC, or Pac 12. I know, never say never but I've watched college football for 60 years and it isn't going to happen. We get some really good athletes but they get a lot more of them and they get them every year. I could go on and on about the differences but in short the top athletes want to go to the top schools and top conferences and that won't change. We'll continue to get over looked players, late developers, smaller, a bit slower players, etc., and work to coach them up. A number of those players will get good enough at UW and other MWC schools to be sought by the NFL but we'll always have many fewer of those than the P5 conferences do.

Positives from tonight?

- Vanderwaal looked better tonight and once he learns to put a lot more touch on many of his passes he'll be a force.
- Our players never quit.
- The offense was more mixed tonight and, to me, showed promise.

I believe that we'll be very competitive in conference as a result of playing these last two games. Once Nico and the injured tight ends and offensive linemen return we'll be stronger and more competitive. I know that every team loses players to injury but when a non P5 conference team loses players and has to go against a good P5 conference school like Missouri it's very tough. Our drop off on the depth chart is much greater than theirs and when players get tired, etc., the results are noticeable.

Disappointed but not discouraged.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News