ADVERTISEMENT

Cheyenne's Bartlett to attend UW's first home game

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The offers from FBS powers continue to roll in for Cheyenne East prep Tevis Bartlett, but the 6-foot-4, 215-pound signal caller says the home state Wyoming Cowboys are still in the mix for his services.

Bartlett is one of four known high school seniors who plan to visit Laramie unofficially on Saturday when the Cowboys take on the Montana Grizzlies. The others who are likely to be in Laramie are Drue Harris, Eric Dungey, and Alex Hart.

"I'm just excited to see the Cowboys in action for the first time under Coach (Craig) Bohl. I'm hoping to see a tough football team that comes out and competes in each of the games they play this season."

As a quarterback, Bartlett accounted for just shy of 3,000 total yards, running for 1,400 yards and 19 touchdowns, and passed for 1,521 yards and 13 touchdowns last season. Defensively, Bartlett also shined, garnering 57 solo tackles, 30 assists, and two fumble recoveries. As a wrestler, Bartlett is a three-time state individual champion in Wyoming, posting a 46-0 record last year and a 138-5 career mark.

Currently, Bartlett has no favorites in terms of colleges. Instead, he said he plans to get through the high school season, which starts Friday in Wyoming, then take some official visits and talk with his family about his next steps.

Bartlett has had a busy summer recruiting season as he has received scholarship offers from Colorado, California, Colorado State, Wyoming, Utah, Oregon, and the most recent, Iowa, which came through this week. Bartlett said that while he appreciates the offer, he is also interested in continuing the conversation with Wyoming and the other schools who were in on his recruitment early.

"They are all great and I really appreciate the opportunity that each of these schools are giving me however relationships are very important to me," Bartlett said. "It's hard to overlook a year and a half relationship with some of these schools that we've built. However I don't think any school is ruled out because of a lack of a relationship, those schools just have some catching up to do in my eyes.

"It doesn't effect the chances that much, just that I have some more information to gather before I make my decision."

Bartlett said he is being recruited by Wyoming as a quarterback, while other schools are interested in seeing him play either tight end or in the back seven of their defense. Bartlett said he is interested in being a signal caller in college, but position will not dictate his college decision.

"I would love to have the opportunity to play quarterback in college and I think it would be really fun. However, I think it's ill-advised to shut doors on other schools that may be a great fit for you as a player, just because you are set on playing one position. I'm a team player, so whatever the coach asks me to play, I'll do it," he said.

Tevis Bartlett

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News