ADVERTISEMENT

Why Extend Shyatt?

Raydio

Rough Rider
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
He's already signed through 2019, he's hardly a hot commodity in the college basketball coaching world, and even if some school is willing to take a flyer on him, we wouldn't be able to outbid them. The University of Wyoming has shown a great deal of loyalty to Larry Shyatt, particularly after he prison-shanked us in 1999. If he's truly about building a program, it shouldn't be difficult to unequivocally state that is his goal instead of the mealy mouthed crap he spouted in the two news articles. In the time he's been here, he's shown quite capable of beating up on teams from the cellars of their respective conferences, but incapable of beating up the NCAA top 25. Yet we want to extend him again and provide the golden parachute of retirement?

When I read Gags' and the CST accounts of Shyatt's take on the possibility of him jumping to the NBA, I see a lot of obfuscation, vagueries (is that a word?) , and non-committals of someone who should be grateful somebody gave him a second chance to shank them again. I could be wrong, but I don't believe for a minute that Shyatt wants the NBA. Why would he? he can schedule cupcakes, rack up meaningless non-conference wins, snowjob the fan base into thinking he's a great coach, and work that angle for the next few years. He's got a fanbase willing to open their mouths and cede everything to him.

The NBA topic should be a non-starter. If Larry wants the NBA, let him float. We gave him a second chance and he should be grateful.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News