ADVERTISEMENT

What will the War look like in September..this Fall? (COVID)

DouglasPoke

Rancher
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2011
Parker, Colorado
That is the million dollar question. The gorilla in the room. What will War Memorial Stadium look like in September vs Weber State and on to Utah?

IF NO ATTENDANCE LIMITATIONS:
To start the 2020 season with 2 wins before Utah and Covid having never occurred we have 30k. If not for Covid.. bleachers in the end zones. The presence of Covid will have a toll on attendance regardless of how "safe" it may be deemed to be in September. I am thinking that a crowd in the low 20s would be great, but not sure if that happens this year. I just don't see this thing going away and the impact will be felt on what would have been a special attendance year. Realistically crowds in the 15K range.

Attendance might be forced to lower levels: I'm just thinking that UW will put into place something to space fans out. I could see the end zones standing areas being designated and freeing up a few seats and allowing more spacing and enforcing 6 feet distances or possibly making the end-zone areas as off limits entirely.

Most unfortunately, it will be different this season no matter what . Do season ticket people get priority? These ticket holders ought to declare if they are attending and then a lottery for remaining seats and seats not being used. I really see a seating ticket chart that looks blacked out with many areas between 2 rows being blacked out and season ticket holders being spaced out different than their seats. I can only see the howling that will occur. The AD will be in a no win situation.. Maybe bleachers are brought in and crowds in the 10000 to 12000 range. Bleachers in the end zone for a different reason.

Sure is sad and I will be in Laramie this Fall...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News