ADVERTISEMENT

UW reporting 30 new cases of Covid

twistedpoke

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
https://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/education/uw-confirms-30-new-coronavirus-cases-over-weekend-after-thousands-are-tested/article_f595446a-024a-58b3-87f5-660dcb188c3e.htm

UW is testing everyone and anyone they can. I have had a few friends tell me they have kids who are taking a few online courses from their homes in Powell and Cody and they are required to take the Covid test regardless of them not stepping a foot on campus.

So why is the University testing people who are enrolling for online classes? From what I understand, there aren't enough tests to go around for hospital workers and older people who need the test. It looks like UW was given funding, and they aim to use as much of it up as possible. They say they are short on tests for people that are coming back to campus, yet are testing people that are taking online classes. Another problem the article says is they don't have the resources to read all of the tests to open up the campus on time. If that is the case, then why add testing to people who won't be setting foot on campus?

My friends who made me aware of this said UW won't let students register for online classes until they have passed the Covid test. UW is also going to ask for more funding saying they are short on resources to open campus.

Last edited:
Reactions: lclark2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News