ADVERTISEMENT

UW basketball offers 2017 prospect - Yoeli Childs

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The scholarship list is up to five for 2017 power forward Yoeli Childs of Bingham High School in South Jordan (Utah). The 6-foot-7, 225-pounder averaged 17 points and 11 boards per game last season en route to First Team All-State honors and now has a multitude of choices to pick from for his college career.

Childs claims scholarship offers from Wyoming, Utah State, Arizona State, Idaho State, and Boise State. Childs said his recruitment has picked up so far and he is also talking to Colorado, Oregon State, Utah, and BYU. He said he has been impressed with the lengths the Wyoming coaches have gone to recruit him.

"The coaches from Wyoming took the governor's jet to recruit me," Childs said. "That is crazy. The biggest thing Wyoming told me is that they want quality kids. They don't have knuckleheads in their program. They have kids who want to get better. My summer league coach also told me he is familiar with the Wyoming program and he thinks it would be a good fit."

In addition to Wyoming, Childs said Boise State has stood out thanks to his relationship with their coaches. BYU and Utah have also gotten his attention. He said he hopes to have a decision made prior to his senior basketball season, and he doesn't yet have any visits planned.

"I am looking for a school with a really good educational opportunity and I want to major in physical therapy," Childs said. "I want to go somewhere where I get along with my coaches and I can be the best I can be. I love to play up-tempo. A school that looks to the post and runs would be great.

"I think I am old-school," Childs continued. "I am big, I am a banger and I love to get physical in the post. I like to set hard screens and play defense."

https://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1761384

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News