ADVERTISEMENT

Sawvel's comments...

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
Sawvel's comments after the game I felt were basically 'coaches speak', nothing new, no changes, it is all on the coaches to coach better, and we are playing like an 0-2 team. No Coach Sawvel, we are playing like an 0-12 team, we just haven't played enough games as yet. Coach Sawvel also went on to talk about players with experience but that we have players with a lack of experience. I might believe this coaching BS if it wasn't for the fact that the two players that made the most egregious mistakes were both seniors!!!! It was very unlike both of these players to make mistakes like this, so what is the answer or reason? More coaches speak?

The players are talking about sticking together which is great, and the HC is talking about coaching better. Sawvel also talked about the mistake on the goal line by the FB was inexcusable. If it were Bohl the young man would probably be sitting, but will Sawvel do the same thing? I doubt it. Sawvel talks about how mistakes have to be corrected, but have the players learned anything from all of his 'coaching'? Can Sawvel make the tough decisions?

The bottom line, I am doubting that we will see any changes, and the emphasis will solely be on execution. The problem is even without the mistakes, this team does not seem to be good enough to win. The margin of error for this squad is so thin it is almost invisible, as they appear to have to play above their heads to win so far. Things will get even tougher here soon with the likes of BYU, Boise State, Washington State on the schedule. Someone else pointed out, that it wasn't like Sawvel was given an empty cupboard when he took over the HC job. Burman chose Sawvel because of the continuity, but if Sawvel isn't going to win with the team that he inherited then what good was Tom's decision? Frankly I feel that we need to make a change at the AD level, but it appears that no one of the Board of Trustee's or with the university president seemed to be interested in making in change, just keep going on with the status quo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.