ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals.com experts looks at UW Class

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The GoWyoGo.com asked recruiting analysts across the Rivals.com network to breakdown some of UW's 2015 recruits with the signing day announcement coming and they gave their thoughts. Read the experts comments on the newest Wyoming Cowboys.

Josh Allen - QB - Reedley Community College (Calif)

Joseph Parker - WR - Cherry Creek (Colo.)

Skylor Clinton - DE - Prescott (Ariz.)

Clinton is big athletic kid who would have gotten more attention if he played in the Valley. I like his size moving forward. He could be a OLB/DE rush end type or a TE. He runs upright and some of his highlights just running by kids but he should have had more D1 interest. I like him more as OLB/DE hybrid probably because I have no idea if he has the hands to play TE. - Kevin Stewart of Arizonavarsity.com

Dameko Doddles - DB - Oklahoma City (Okla.)Doddles is a guy who has a great frame and really to me is just starting to figure out where he fits best. I like him as a safety and as a guy who saw him at practice, if he'll hit his friends like that, not hard to imagine how he'd treat rivals. Very violent hitter who likes to come down hill and lower the boom, needs some work in playing center field but has the athleticism to get there. - Josh McCuiston of Soonerscoop.com

Davion Freeman - RB - Del City (Oklahoma)

Freeman, an undersized multi-talented guy with real speed to do damage in the open field. I think he is one of those players that is all about how creative an offense can be in utilizing him. Whether it's zone read, passes out in the flat, or even working at slot receiver, he presents a lot of ways to attack a defense. Again if Wyoming will get creative with him, it'll pay off. - Josh McCuiston of Soonerscoop.com

Youhanna Ghaifan - DT - Grand Island (Neb.)

Ghaifan is fairly new to the game of football after moving from Sudan in middle school, so fundamentally he is very raw at this stage. However, there is a ton of unrefined potential there. The 6-foot-3, 248-pound defensive lineman is very strong at the point of attack and he has a great first step. I want to see him become more athletic and develop some lateral agility because he does play a little stiff, but I could see him wreaking havoc on Wyoming opponents' backfields for years. - Josh Helmholdt, Rivals.com Midwest analyst.

Carl Granderson - DE - Sacramento

Josh Harshman - LB - Casper (Wyo.)

Antonion Hull - DB - Diamond Barr (Calif.)

Hull is a fantastic cornerback who really sticks to receivers and hardly ever gets beaten. He's not super fast or athletic but he has a knack to be around the ball and then make a play. When Noodles is defending someone they're usually not catching a pass. Adam Gorney - Rivals.com west coast analyst.

Christian Irving - LB - Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.)

He's an undersized guy for the linebacker position in terms of the Big Five conferences but he may be an excellent fit at Wyoming. He was a key part of a team that won back-to-back state championships in Florida while playing against elite competition. Anytime you can add a player with his resume of accomplishments it's a plus for your program and I like Wyoming's approach of reaching into Florida in an effort to try to find hidden gems. - Woody Womack, Rivals.com Southeast analyst.

Kaden Jackson - OL - Kingfisher (Okla.)

Jackson is one of those guys that flies under-the-radar in recruiting and then goes off to college and becomes a four-year starter and a staple along the line. Jackson is a bit undersized but is really good technically and plays with great leverage. It shouldn't shock anyone for even a second when he earns a starting spot early on and becomes a key contributor. Jackson is from a top shelf program in Oklahoma and knows the type of work it takes to sustain success. - Josh McCuiston of Soonerscoop.com

Kevin Jackson - WR - LaGrange Park (Ill.)

Terrific all around athlete. I felt he was a bit under recruited and Wyoming could have a real steal with Jackson here. Jackson has good size, speed and ball skills. Jackson was limited as far as overall stats since he played in a run happy offense in 2014 yet his production and big play potential was well known. - Tim O'Halloran of Edgytim.com

CJ Johnson - WR - Bellevue (Neb.)

It was not a particularly deep year in the state of Nebraska, but Wyoming went in and grabbed two players I thought had a chance to play at the Big Ten/Big 12 level. Johnson is a guy who I would not be surprised to see playing on Sundays at some point in the future. He lacks the top-end speed most college coaches like, but that is really his only drawback. He is a very fluid receiver with a good-sized frame. He can handle press coverage and he can create separation with his route-running. - Josh Helmholdt, Rivals.com midwest analyst.

Justice Murphy - WR - Vancouver (Wash.)

Murphy has talent to play at numerous Pac-12 schools so Wyoming is getting a major steal in him. As an outside receiver, Murphy can go deep and go up and over cornerbacks to make plays. When I saw him at a 7-on-7 in Las Vegas last spring he showed off outstanding hands and he's a great route runner. Adam Gorney - Rivals.com west coast analyst.

Kellen Overstreet - RB - Hamilton (MO)

James Price - WR - Camas (Wash.)

Kevin Prosser - Ath - Aurora (Colo.)

Zach Wallace - OT - Lake Zurich (Ill.)

A converted basketball player. Still need to add size/weight for the college level. Yet the upside? Insane. Wallace has the frame and look of a player who with some work could have a shot at playing on Sunday's. It's pretty rare to find a kid with Wallace's size and reach who is also very athletic. Illinois in the Class of 2015 was very light on offensive tackle types (a rarity) and I feel that several of the Big 5 just passed on Illinois too early. Wallace has the physical upside to become a huge get for the Cowboys. - Tim O'Halloran of Edgytim.com

Harry Momoh - LB - Minnetonka (Minn.)

Logan Wilson - DB - Casper (Wyo.)

Jaylon Watson - LB - Broken Bow (Okla.)

Watson is the one guy amongst Wyoming's state of Oklahoma commitments I haven't seen in person but he is a big sturdy athlete that I know a lot of folks in Southeast Oklahoma speak very highly of. The question for Watson is where does he fit in at the college level, his skillset isn't to any one obvious spot but instead he could play a variety of positions.- Josh McCuiston of Soonerscoop.com.

Andrew Wingard - Ath - Arvada (Colo.)

Tavita Faaiu - DE - San Francisco College

Rivals.com experts on UW Class

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News