ADVERTISEMENT

RB's....

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
I can't hardly wait for Waylee to come back from his injury. Sorry but I do not see what others are seeing in D. Q. James. He had that one nice run where he didn't go down and kept on running, but other than that, if he was hit he went down. His yards after contact has to be very low other than that one run. I was expecting to see some real speed and quickness and getting outside from both James and Ferrell, and it just wasn't there. Maybe the coaches say, run it up the middle, but they know that they will really get nothing for it and are just setting up for other plays. Last year James had some gaudy numbers, but those were based upon running him outside on specific occasions, and it was not on him being on an every down type of back. James and Ferrell are NOT "A" gap runners, period. But they kept running in there and they were being constantly taken down on the first contact. I knew that we were going to miss McNeely, but not as bad as we are. I am especially concerned once we get into conference play. If it hadn't been for Sam Scott and Peasley we really wouldn't of had any run game at all. James and Ferrell looked really small out there!

I hope the coaches reevaluate that move of Parks to CB, and move him back to RB right now! After Waylee comes back, I would have Waylee as #1 & Scott as #2. To me, Ferrell and James (even though have big hearts), they are not every down backs imo. I would use them in special ways.

Peasley - 15 carries for 76 yards, 4.5 average
Scott - 7 carries for 44 yards, 6.3 average
James - 9 carries for 38 yards, 3.9 average
Ferrell - 7 carries for 21 yards, 3.0 average

This distribution of carries cannot keep going imo. Peasley is too valuable to be running him that much. James and Ferrell were not making any yardage, 59 yards for your two main backs doesn't cut it. I hope that when Waylee comes back he is ready to carry the rock!

Thank goodness that Peasley was able to read blitzes and hit the right guys at critical times. If we didn't pass it as well as we did, we would have lost the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyo24 and WyoFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News