ADVERTISEMENT

PG Austin Conway has UW top of list

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Aurora athlete Austin Conway has spent the last year trying not only to decide which school to attend, but which Division I sport he was interested in playing in college.

Last week he came to a decision. The 5-foot-10, 165-pound Conway announced on a KUSA-TV sports story that he would be playing basketball at the next level and the Wyoming basketball coaches couldn't be more excited.

Last season Conway accounted for 10.5 points, 4.4 rebounds 4.2 assists, and 2.2 steals per contest in leading the Overland Trail Trailblazers to a 20-7 overall record and the 11-3 mark in-conference. Conway currently holds scholarship offers from Indiana and Wyoming, which came to visit him this week in Denver.

"It went really well," Conway said of his visit from the Wyoming coaches. "It was great seeing a visual of coaches expectations of the new arena. We had a great conversation and answered some questions we had for the program."

Conway made no bones about where the Cowboy program stands with him right now.

"(Wyoming is) at the top," he said. "They've been one of the select schools to still be present and interested and serious about it for so long."

At this point Conway said the next step in his recruitment is simply focusing on his play this summer with the Colorado Hawks AAU program. He said the hope is to keep improving while keeping an ear out for other interested programs.

"I am excited to put more focus on developing myself for one sport," he said. "I can be upfront with the whole recruitment process with coaches, and now it's a lot easier, honestly."

Austin Conway

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News