ADVERTISEMENT

Overland HS Safety Commits UW

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
The University of Wyoming scored big in the 2015 recruiting class by snagging a safety out of the Denver area in Andrew Wingard of Ralston Valley where he ended the season with 113 tackles and All-Conference honors.

This season the Wyoming coaches have gone back to Denver to get another safety. This time it is Alijah Halliburton of Overland High School in Aurora who verbally committed to Wyoming last night.

"I did commit and the reason why was because education-wise it had my major and I believe in Wyoming's football team," Halliburton said Monday morning. "(When I committed) The reaction of the coach was a loud praise and my family smiled hard."

Halliburton is a 6-foot-2, 175-pounder who claims a 4.51 time in the 40-yard dash who led the Trailblazers with 112 (86 solo) tackles, two sacks and one interception last season. That included a 19-tackle performance against Valor Christian, as well as 18-tackle nights against Grandview and Cherokee Trail. For his efforts he was named All-Centennial League.

Halliburton said he was offered by Nevada, South Dakota, South Dakota State, North Dakota, Northern Colorado, Colorado State-Pueblo, and Adams State.

Overland High School has been good to the University of Wyoming in recent years as the football team recruited Kevin Prosser last season while the basketball team brought Austin Conway to Laramie as a freshman this year.

Halliburton announced his commitment to Wyoming via social media Sunday night, posting, "Just verbally committed to THE UNIVERSITY OF WYOMING to play D1 FOOTBALL. Go WYO."

According to the Denver Post, Overland went 3-8 last season with wins over Smoky Hill, Rangeview, and Legend High Schools.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1834296

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News