ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando's C.J. Jennings commits to Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Orlando cornerback C.J. Jennings said he had a number of reasons behind his interest in playing football for the Wyoming Cowboys.

"It's a new coaching staff, we fit in academically, they showed me a lot of love and Craig Bohl's history of winning championships and knowing how to win - I want to be a part of that," Jennings said Sunday.

Jennings, a 5-foot-10, 175-pound defensive back from Jones High School became a part of Wyoming Coach Craig Bohl's first recruiting class for the Cowboys with his commitment to the program Saturday night in Laramie.

Jennings comes to Laramie with an impressive resume, holding scholarship offers from Georgia Tech, North Carolina-Charlotte, North Dakota State, Illinois State, Tulane and Delaware. Last season Jennings collected three interceptions on defense, eight rushing touchdowns on offense. He was selected for the East-West metro game in Orlando as well.

The commitment to Wyoming came during his official visit. He said he flew into the Denver Airport Friday evening and caught a ride north to Laramie for dinner and the opportunity to meet Bohl. On Saturday, he and the other recruits went snowmobiling in the Snowy Range before spending some time with academic advisors and touring the campus. That evening, Jennings said he was able to sit down with Bohl and offer his commitment.

"(Bohl) was very excited," Jennings said. "He told me he had been a coach for a long time and said I was a very special football player."

Jennings said he can play all four defensive back positions, which he thinks will help him to get on the field early in his Wyoming career. He said in the past he has been a corner, which he enjoys, but he is also willing to play any position on the field.

"I have good speed," Jennings said when asked his strengths. "I have good ball skills, I am aggressive at the line, I can jam and I have great footwork and recovery speed. I am also aggressive. I am a very physical corner."

C.J. Jennings

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News