ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma DE Visiting Wyoming and Iowa State

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Christian Bricker thinks he has three schools in mind for his college choice and will set about using the next month to figure out which school it will be. The 6-foot-6, 215-pound Bricker was a First Team All-Stater for Piedmont High School in Oklahoma as well as the Defensive Player of The Year in his Class 5A district. That has led to a bevy of interest in the tight end/defensive end with three schools standing out.

“Wyoming and Iowa State are my favorite right now as far as schools that have offered me,” Bricker said. “I am talking a little bit to Oklahoma and that is a favorite for me because I have been an OU fan all of my life.”

Bricker will visit both Wyoming and Iowa State in the month of January. Wyoming has offered a scholarship, along with Stephen F. Austin, Pittsburg State, Illinois State, and Northeastern Oklahoma. Iowa State has not yet offered, but Bricker thinks an offer may be coming during the official visit.

“I am looking forward to seeing the campuses and getting a sense for the comfort level I have when I visit,” he said. “I am hoping to see great coaches, friendly teammates and a family feel around the program.”

Bricker said he hopes to become a firefighter and has been in contact with Wyoming for some time, including several visits from the coaching staff and his recruiter, Wyoming Running Backs Coach Mike Bath.

“After they saw my film Coach Bath came out for an in-home visit in Nov.,” Bricker said. “He talked to me and my family. Then he came back to school and we set up an official during a home visit in early December. That was the visit when they offered me.

“I was excited about the offer. Now I just need to check out the campus. It looks beautiful. I am very excited to get up there.”

Wyoming has recruited Oklahoma hard over the past three years and features several current Cowboys with Oklahoma ties. Bricker said that is making a difference in his recruitment to Wyoming.

“They do have a lot of Oklahoma guys and that makes me feel better about going up there,” Bricker said. “They have the one guy from Kingfisher (Kaden Jackson), and I think it will be nice to have those guys up there. I think it would be a nice home for me.”

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/oklahoma-athlete-set-2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News