ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma Center Down To Two

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Kaden Jackson returned to his native Kingfisher (Okla.) late this weekend after spending Saturday in Laramie visiting the University of Wyoming. The 6-foot-2, 265-pound offensive center said he liked what he saw on the high plains.

"It was awesome," Jackson said. "I had a great time! Not one bad thing I have to say about Wyoming. They said they would love to have me on the team. I'm one of the top players on the board."

Jackson holds scholarship offers from UTEP, Wyoming, Sam Houston St., Ohio, North Texas and Wyoming. He said after his visit that list has been whittled down to two - North Texas and Wyoming. Jackson said Monday night that he had not yet made a decision, but he planned to do so very soon. After being asked, he broke down the decision he had ahead of him.

"North Texas is close to home, it's only three hours away so my family can come watch as well as my friends," Jackson said. "Wyoming has a lot to offer and the new training table being build and a lot of new things coming into play like that.

"I'm a country kid, small town kid and Wyoming is a small town but everyone comes out to the games," he continued. "North Texas is kinda a big city school and I just don't know. So things like that factor into making a decision."

Jackson talked to GoWyoGo.com last week before his visit of Laramie and the Wyoming versus Air Force rival game.

"I've never been to Wyoming so, I plan you see what Laramie has to show," Jackson said before his visit. "I have heard it's just a beautiful place to be. I would really like to see what they have to offer athletically and academically. I have heard Wyoming has amazing facilities so I'm pretty excited to see what Wyoming has to show."

Now the big lineman's visit to Wyoming is complete and a decision could be soon.

Kaden Jackson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News