ADVERTISEMENT

OG Jace Webb looks good UW fit after offer

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
In an effort to beat the bushes for talent, the Wyoming football coaching staff recently partnered on a satellite football prospect camp held in Oklahoma City. Among the gems unearthed was Jace Webb, a 6-foot-3, 305-pound guard from Hollis (Okla.).

Last season Webb was named All-Conference and played a significant part in a 14-2 season mark by Hollis, as well as its appearance in the Oklahoma State Playoffs. Webb currently claims scholarship offers from Wyoming, Ohio, Army, Tulsa, North Texas, and Louisville. He is also talking to Oklahoma and Texas Tech.

"I am a very physical football player," Webb said. "I do not do any pass blocking at all, because we are a running team. I like getting off the ball and hitting people."

Webb said he was impressed by what he saw from the Wyoming coaches in Oklahoma City. Based on his conversations with the Wyoming coaches and their coaching style he said he believes he would be a good fit in Laramie and said he is in the process of setting up an official visit to Wyoming.

"It was a great time," Webb said of the Oklahoma City camp. "The coaches were great and it was a lot of fun. They sort of looked at everybody to find out what your skills were. I did well, I think. The coaches seemed to be impressed.

"It seemed like I would fit in real good up there. It seems like a great place to go play. I love the coaches."

At present, Webb reports his favorites are Wyoming, Ohio, and Louisville. He said he would like to find a program with strong football and academics in one. His academic plans at present are undecided though he said he would like either majoring in business, or becoming a game warden, or even come back to his family's cotton and cattle ranch.

"I'd like to put together a top three and go from there," Webb said. "I haven't really thought about where I want to go yet. I am just going to wait it out and see what happens."

https://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1781564

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News