ADVERTISEMENT

Not that anyone gives a crap,but my little group was blown away starting with parking the truck.

twistedpoke

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Driving to, I do believe was Summit Pass parking lot an hour and a half before the game , it was electric. The only downer was the overcast sky from keeping tailgate a 10. We had a few beers in the parking lot and was impressed with all the people playing games, bullshitting and just tailgating in general. When we started walking to the IA, we talked with Oregon and Wyoming fans. We were all impressed with all the work the athletic department had done since a few years ago. My wife and friend hadn't been there for a few years.
There are so many more things to participate in and choices for food and drink. More booths, and more people tailgating as a whole. It was like a carnival with beer available. Sure some things could have been better as far as lines, but our heads were on a swivel taking it all in. It was fun to see so many people pumped up. I agree with Chicago that they lost a lot of alcohol sales due to the setup and long lines. Most of us go to the game to watch football, not stand in lines. Just wondering because I didn't see it, but what happened to the people walking the stadium selling pop, peanuts, and other things? Are they still doing that? I get so into the game I block a lot out. Maybe they could have some carts they could push around on the concourses to sell beer and wine and other products. It would help with the lines. I know there would be some logistical problems, but I have seen it done. Or like Broncos games and they bring you beer depending on where you are sitting. It would help students earn some extra money and probably get great tips. As long as they meet the age requirements.

But we were impressed with the stadium and game day experience from the get go. Inside the stadium with that big of a crowd some things need enlarged, like restrooms and concession areas to start with. But I think we are getting better as time goes on. Rome wasn't built overnight. I think the younger crowd doesn't appreciate it enough as they didn't see the old War Memorial Stadium. Cold and dreary. Or the small area tailgate used to get set up at either by the statue near the AA, or the practice field. They would have 1 outfit selling beer besides the CJC tent. And maybe a dozen booths to buy food and apparel. And don't forget the band that played on the wagon and straw bales for people to sit on. So tailgate now is way farther along than that. I think it will only get better. I don't know how to fix the problems inside the stadium, but outside the stadium we are starting to match the bigger schools. Just some thoughts I wanted to share because of all the negativity. I think a lot of people forgot how bad it was, or never experienced it. The scoreboard is hard to tell what is going on. Maybe we need two smaller ones in the corners by the AA side of the field. Especially when the teams are playing at that end. It is hard to watch the game and get info at the same time. But I feel things are much improved and appreciated all the hard work and planning. We aren't there yet, but we are not that far off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News