ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota LB set to visit Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Minnesota High School Linebacker Alex Hart's production and physical tools seem to fit with Wyoming Coach Craig Bohl's Cowboy Tough philosophy. For that reason the first-year Wyoming coach has offered Hart a scholarship.

Hart is a 6-foot-2, 220-pound linebacker from Prior Lake (Minn.) with scholarship offers from Wyoming, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Illinois State, and New Mexico. Last season the All-Conference selection accounted for 55 tackles, four sacks, and two interceptions on defense. As a running back for Prior Lake High, he rushed for 1,028 yards and 13 touchdowns.

He said Wyoming is recruiting him as a linebacker.

"I would say I am a fast player," Hart said when asked to describe his style of play. "I like to play physical and play downhill to the ball."

Hart recently set an August 30th date for an official visit to Laramie. Hart said he is looking for a football program with good coaches, good teammates, and a strong tradition.

"Wyoming has been in touch for a while now," Hart said. "We weren't sure if we would going to make it out there this summer, and now we are going to go to the Montana game. I hope to see some nice facilities, a great town, and just to see what the football program is like."

If Hart makes it to Laramie to wear the Brown and Gold, he will be the second Prior Lake alum to play for Wyoming in the last five years, the other being Josh Biezuns.

"He said he had a good experience there," Hart said of Biezuns. "They have a new coaching staff in place now and they know how to win. I think it would be a good experience to look at Wyoming."

Hart added that he isn't concerned about Wyoming's distance from Minnesota, pointing out it would nice to check out a new region of the country. If he changes his mind and decides staying in the midwest is his preference, Hart may have opportunities to do that. He said he has been in contact with several Big Ten teams, such as Minnesota, Michigan State, Rutgers, and Iowa, who have told him they will keep in touch through the summer as they figure out their prospect needs and available scholarships.

"Right now my favorites are Wyoming, Minnesota, Rutgers and Michigan State," Hart said.

Alex Hart

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News