ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota LB Alex Hart visiting UW

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Prior Lake (Minn.) linebacker Alex Hart is about to pack a lot of football and a lot of miles into one weekend starting Friday. The 6-foot-2, 220-pound linebacker/fullback will help his high school team face Lakeville South High School Friday before boarding a plane early Saturday morning to unofficially visit Wyoming.

"We have a home game Friday, then a 7 a.m. flight to Denver and we'll drive up from there to Laramie," Hart said. "Hopefully I can see what Wyoming football is all about. I've heard great things. I think it might be cool and interesting to get out of Minnesota. I think the visit will be cool."

Last season the All-Conference selection accounted for 55 tackles, four sacks, and two interceptions on defense. As a running back for Prior Lake High, he rushed for 1,028 yards and 13 touchdowns.

He currently reports scholarship offers from Wyoming, New Mexico, South Dakota State, South Dakota, North Dakota State, Illinois State, and the University of Northern Iowa.

Hart has visited Michigan State and Minnesota unofficially, and camped at Minnesota and Stanford. Wyoming Offensive Coordinator Brent Vigen is Hart's main recruiting contact.

Hart said the tentative plan is to get to Laramie in time to eat and check out the game. Sunday he plans to tour the campus. Hart said he is searching for a strong academic program in either pharmacy or business.

Hart said he is looking for a school with a great campus, great coaches and a great program. He said in his time talking to Wyoming, he has been impressed with Wyoming Coach Craig Bohl.

"I think Coach Bohl is going to do great things for Wyoming," Hart said.

Alex Hart

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News