ADVERTISEMENT

LB Jaylon Watson makes UW commit formal

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Last month after a visit to Laramie to watch the Cowboys beat the Falcons, it felt like the hometown Pokes were the easy front runners to gain Broken Bow (Okla.) linebacker Jaylon Watson's commitment.

Watson made his final decision on Wednesday night to join head coach Craig Bohl's goal to win future MW Championships at UW.

"They just want me to know that it is important for me to know that they want me to be a part of the Cowboy family," Watson said about his previous visit. "They showed me a lot of love while I was up there and I liked it. Coming from a small town like Broken Bow, Laramie felt just like Broken Bow. It wasn't too big and it wasn't too small."

Watson plays both sides of the ball for his high school and mainly is recruited as a linebacker by the Cowboys.

"At first it was running back, but they have one who has committed," Watson said. "Now, they are looking for four or five linebackers, so that is where they want me at the most. Anything works for me."

Wyoming will graduate four senior linebackers after this season and an obvious emphasis on filling the position for the future with namely Mark Nzeocha, Devyn Harris, and Jordan Stanton finishing their careers for the Brown and Gold.

The 6-foot-1 and 220 pound athlete said he believes in the vision Coach Bohl has set for Cowboy football and was eager to commit week's ago, though continued on other college visits including Athens, Ohio and West Point.

The senior prospect had three offers from Wyoming, Army, and Ohio University. He becomes the Pokes ninth commitment for 2015 and second linebacker along with another athlete in Kevin Prosser from Aurora (Colo.).

Jaylon Watson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News