ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas LB Prospect impressed with UW visit

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Kansas All-State linebacker Price Morgan, spent some time last week in Laramie and said he was impressed with what he saw. Whether that impression will be enough to pry him from the other 10 schools who have offered him a scholarship remains to be seen.

Price is a 6-foot-2, 205-pound defensive end prospect who was named First Team All-Sunflower League, and All-Region in addition to All-State last season for Lawrence High School in Lawrence (Kan.). His performance last season has netted him scholarship offers from Wyoming, UNC-Charlotte, North Dakota, South Dakota State, South Dakota, Missouri State, Western Illinois, Holy Cross, Northern Iowa, and Columbia. He is also in communication with Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Minnesota among others.

"I feel like I am a smart player," Morgan said. "I think I understand the game well. I also play hard. I take pride in my motor."

Price said he has visited several Ivy League schools, Kansas, Kansas State, Holy Cross, Missouri and Wyoming. He said his visit to Wyoming went well. He said they met with Cowboy coaches, looked over the facilities, talked to academic advisors, and looked over the planned expansion of the football facilities.

"My dad and I both went on the visit to Wyoming and we both really enjoyed it," Morgan said. "It was great to see the school and the state spending money on the football program. It shows a commitment by the state and that they care about football. It was also great to talk to Coach (Craig) Bohl. I liked the visit a lot."

The result is Morgan said the Wyoming program has climbed in his opinion to a place in his top five. He said he wants to take his official visits this fall and then make a decision about his future.

"I have not yet set an official top five or three, but Wyoming is towards the top of the list right now," Morgan said.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1791962

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News