ADVERTISEMENT

Kaeson Risner plans UW visit

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Given the fact he has one brother starting at Northern Colorado and another starting at Kansas State, it is easy to consider Kaeson Risner part of a football family. The Wiggins (Colo.) native will soon join them in the NCAA’s FBS ranks and the next two weeks will go a long ways to determining where that will end.

Risner was an All-State quarterback at Wiggins High School, where he threw for 1,280 yards and 15 touchdowns, and rushed for another 710 and 11 touchdowns, according to MaxPreps.com. In college he projects as a tight end with coaches hoping to add to his 6-foot-5, 225-pound frame.

“On the field I am more of a powerback,” Risner said. “I am a north-and-south kind of runner. They are looking at me as a tight end and hoping I will get bigger.”

Right now, Risner said his choices are Wyoming and Kansas State where both schools are asking him to walk-on. He said Wyoming Defensive Coordinator Steve Stanard was in to visit him this week, one of several visits to Wiggins. In addition, Risner said he has been in Laramie for an unofficial visit previously and talks to the Wyoming coaching staff weekly. This weekend he will come to Wyoming for an official visit.

“I am hoping to see a good program, a good fit for me and a place I can develop in the program and hopefully help the team,” Risner said. “My initial impressions are I really like the coaching staff at Wyoming. They have a good thing going and they will develop their players in a program that will succeed in a few years and it is a place that I can see myself being successful.”

Risner said he was told there is an outside chance for a scholarship on signing day, but it is most likely he would come into Laramie as a walk-on.

Kansas State will receive an official visit as well from Risner next weekend. Risner said the attraction of K-State is being able to play football with his brother, who is a redshirt freshman offensive lineman for the Wildcats. He said he also likes the coaching staff in Manhattan.

“It is split right now, but the official visits will be big for me,” he said. “I feel like on an official you get a better look at the school and inside the program. I think I will probably make a decision on February 3rd.”

https://wyoming.n.rivals.com/news/wiggins-athlete-to-visit-laramie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News