ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylon Watson plans UW visit

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Flexibility is a big part of Broken Bow (Okla.) athlete Jaylon Watson's game. So much so that the college football coaches recruiting him have still not determined which position he will play at the next level. The 6-foot-1, 220-pounder holds four scholarship offers with schools as diverse as the opportunities he has to get on the field at the next level.

"Last year I played every position - safety, linebacker, defensive end, quarterback, running back," he said. "I was everywhere. This year I will probably play D-end and running back. I am probably too short and too little to be a D-end. But Ohio is recruiting me as a linebacker. South Dakota wants to me to play both ways. Wyoming is thinking of me as a power back.

"I just want to play. I don't care which side of the ball I play on."

Watson's 2013 season was limited to just five games by a torn rotator cuff and labrum. He said his shoulder is in good shape now and he is going full speed ahead with his recruitment. Thus far he holds scholarship offers from Wyoming, Army, Ohio, and South Dakota. He said he plans to visit Wyoming in September after his contacts with the Wyoming coaching staff.

"They say it is a great atmosphere for athletes," Watson said of his contact with the Wyoming coaches. "They said the student-body is great. Their coaching staff is just really cool. I like all of them. (Running backs Coach Mike Bath) came down the first week of June, I think and he talked to me. They want me as a running back, but I can go either way. They said as of now, they like me agility, my versatility and the way I am a downhill player. More of a power back."

Watson said he will also visit Ohio and likely the United States Military Academy in West Point.

"Army offered me a full ride before school was out and one of my teachers was talking to me about it," Watson said. "I think it appeals to me a little bit. My brother really wants me to go up there."

Watson said he wants to make a decision around February and has an idea for which direction that decision may go.

"It will be between Ohio and Wyoming."

Jaylon Watson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News