ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylon Watson loves Laramie visit

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Each week gets Broken Bow (Okla.) athlete Jaylon Watson closer to a decision. Next week will help the young man take a bigger stride than most. Watson will go to the University of Ohio for an official visit, which he said will offer him a comparison to his visit at the University of Wyoming last month.

"I will be able to actually compare Wyoming to another college," Watson said. "I loved it when I went up there (Wyoming). It was amazing. It was perfect. I loved every second of it."

Watson said he spent time during his Laramie visit in the Veedawo Mountains east of Laramie. Watson, who said he likes to hunt and fish, enjoyed the outdoor possibilities of the Cowboy State. He said he caught the Wyoming-Air Force game and took in some nutrition.

"I ate about 12 times when I was up there. I probably gained about seven pounds," he said.

Since the visit, he said the Wyoming coaching staff has maintained close contact with him and he has enjoyed the conversation.

"They just want me to know that it is important for me to know that they want me to be a part of the Cowboy family," Watson said. "They showed me a lot of love while I was up there and I liked it. Coming from a small town like Broken Bow, Laramie felt just like Broken Bow. It wasn't too big and it wasn't too small."

Watson holds scholarship offers from Army, Wyoming, and Ohio. The 6-foot-1, 220-pounder plays both running back and along Broken Bow High School's front seven. He said this season he believes he has around 45 stops, including close to 10 for a loss. He said offensively, he thinks he has rushed for around 300 yards and eight touchdowns. He said Wyoming is recruiting him as a linebacker, which works fine for him.

"At first it was running back, but they have one who has committed," he said. "Now, they are looking for four or five linebackers, so that is where they want me at the most. Anything works for me."

In addition to his upcoming visit to Athens, Watson said he has a visit set to West Point as well.

"When I get home from Ohio I'll make a decision on where I want to go - maybe. I don't know yet," Watson said. "I have a visit planned in December too with West Point."

Jaylon Watson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News