ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hungry...

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
Ian, I am hungry for news and I am hungry for a winner. In listening to the podcast I identified with the points that you were making. If it were just Bohl's tenure that we were waiting for winning to begin in that would be one thing, but this waiting has gone on much longer than that. As Christenson's tenure went on we had to wait as well. It has really been quite a while for us die hard fans to see a consistent winner at UW. I know about going to the New Mexico Bowl early in Christenson's tenure...I was at the game...besides that there have been a lot of anticipations of the fan base that has gone unrealized for many a year now. We are beyond hungry if you want to know the truth.

With that said, I really do feel that this year has to be one where we see a marked improvement in the record. I am done with all of the moral victories and the incremental improvements....it is time to produce this year. I am not saying that they have to win the conference this year for it to be counted as a successful season, but I do feel like going to a bowl game would be classified as a successful season. Considering how slow Wyoming recruiting is going, it appears that there is a general feeling out there that Bohl has to start really producing to keep this program going in the right direction. When a new coach comes in they can live off of their old record only so long, and it appears that Bohl's old record isn't hauling in the recruits like it used to...now is the time for the winning at Wyoming to start hauling in the recruits. I do feel like we have the talent to win. We have one if not the best RB in Wyoming history this year, it would be a shame to see his talent not bring a winning record this year due to other elements of the team not stepping up and doing their part. We have a very talented QB, and even though he doesn't have a lot of game experience, he has a lot experience in this program and running Bohl's offense which should produce results. The WR's are talented and deep, and we have an experienced and talented TE, plus a talented OL....the offense should produce.

We keep hearing how we have more speed and athleticism and experience on defense, and that this will translate into getting more turnovers and better defensive performance due to guys not having to think so much out on the field, that they will just fly around and go after the ball. We finally have a decently sized senior class which should help with leadership. I just hope that the younger guys step up this year and really produce as a group. We have had guys like Dewey and Carl step up, but it is time for the other young guys to step up and take care of business for the seniors and the program. I don't think that this is asking too much of the younger players....if you want a championship program, this is what the younger guys do when it is their turn.

Moral victories no longer satisfy the hunger in my book. Go Pokes!!!! Kick some butt this year and start with NIU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News