ADVERTISEMENT

I Really Do Try...

R&RCowboys

Greenhorn
Gold Member
Apr 29, 2015
not to get overly excited when it comes to recruiting and signing day. I try not to look at stars, rankings, and not to be overly optimistic as that has bitten me in the proverbial ass more often than not. I think it is just in my nature though.

Yesterday's success with recruiting has be all sorts of happy right now. IMO - this is the best class on paper we've ever had. I consider two things in combination when looking at a recruit - stars plus offers; I try not to take one over the other. They both have merits and both have flaws.

However, I will say this. I have never seen a combination of offers plus stars like this in any other WYO class. There will always be attrition due to some kid that doesn't like the weather or thinks he is entitled cause he was a 3* kid from Missouri. That said, when you look at the overall breadth of this class one has to be impressed when compared to past classes.

I am really excited to see/think these guys have a chance to play in their freshman year: WR Alex Brown, RB Alphonzo Andrews and LB(?) Shae Suiaunoa. Just from what I've seen by my untrained eye, they really stuck out when watching the highlights. Not to say there weren't others, but just my observation.

Just curious on everyone's thoughts the day after on this class. Optimistic? Hold your horses? Who has a chance to play?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News