ADVERTISEMENT

Florida State....

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
After listening to a part of Monty's program (it is 3 hours long!), I am realizing the real issue in why things have bogged down so much since the Big 12 took those schools from the PAC 12. We don't always hear everything that is going on with all of the East Coast teams out here, unless you make a concerted effort to read and to listen everything about those schools.

Evidently Florida State has become a big road block to the ACC and its expansion plans! They are asking or is it better to say, demanding the largest payout of any of the ACC schools! Considering what Clemson has done and Florida State hasn't done in football recently, how is Florida State actually demanding so much when they have really hit a football dry spell? I know Notre Dame is in there as well, but their football program is mainly an independent, however I do believe that their agreement with the ACC is that Notre Dame agrees to schedule so many ACC teams each year. All of the remaining sports at Notre Dame are with the ACC. Considering all of the TV revenue that Notre Dame receives for their football program, and they don't have to share it , has them sitting pretty. Florida State is playing hardball, and not winning any friends while doing it. When you swing a hammer you need to have some weight to it. What do they have in their hammer? I would argue nothing! The SEC is an absolute no go for Florida State as Florida would stop that move with everything that they have. How about the Big 10 or the Big 12? Neither one sounds like a good fit because if they went to either of these two conferences and started to play hardball about getting more money it would be a non-starter right from the get-go. I am wondering if there is any way that the ACC would jettison Florida State and pick-up Stanford, Cal and SMU? The ACC is having so many issues with Florida State that it appears to be holding up the Stanford and Cal move. It was particularly interesting to me that ESPN has stepped in and approached the Big 12 and asked them to consider taking Stanford and Cal if the ACC deal falls through. Evidently Stanford and Cal are pretty important to ESPN. It really sounds like Stanford and Cal are through with the PAC 12 and are going somewhere and a reconstituted PAC 12 would not be a real option for those two schools.

Considering that Stanford and Cal have really shown that they are through with the PAC 12, why would Oregon State and Washington State count on Stanford or Cal in doing anything with them, and not just move on?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News