ADVERTISEMENT

F Justin James talks Wyoming visit

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Andrew Moemeka was far from the only high school basketball player to visit the University of Wyoming this week. He wasn't even the only player from Oldsmar Christian Academy of Florida to visit Wyoming this week.

Moemeka wasn't even the only player from his own dorm room to visit Wyoming this week.

Moemeka was joined by his high school teammate and roommate, Justin James, who ranks among the Wyoming men's basketball team's top targets.

The 6-foot-7, 180-pound James averaged 22 points, nine rebounds and four assists per game last season. Those numbers and his raw athletic ability have netted him scholarship offers from Mississippi State, George Mason, Wyoming, Murray State, and Florida International, among others.

This weekend he was in Laramie to look over the Wyoming Cowboy program.

"It went really good," James said of his visit. "I like it a lot. It was a beautiful campus. The visit definitely went better than I thought it would."

James said while his teammate, Moemeka has committed, he isn't quite ready to do the same.

"That is something my parents and I need to talk about now," he said. "I need to do a lot more thinking about college. I am going to take my official visit on Aug. 30 to Mississippi State, then I am done with officials.

"I have about 10 or 11 offers right now and I couldn't tell you my top five, my top three, or anything," he continued. "Between the summer and AAU, I have only begun thinking about college this week."

James said he is looking for a program where he can enjoy chemistry with the coaches, fun teammates and a style of play that emphasizes running the court. While Wyoming and the Tampa area aren't close in terms of geography, James said he isn't concerned about the distance, pointing out, "that's what they make planes for."

James said he enjoyed watching the current Wyoming team practice pointing out he was impressed with the size on the team, especially Tyrell Williams and Jonathan Barnes. He said his time in Laramie didn't provide new information from the coaching staff, but it did put in perspective the talent in the existing Cowboy program.

"It wasn't that they told me anything different," James said. "That part was the same. But just seeing the team and seeing how good they can be was cool."

Justin James

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News