ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards, Shyatt home visit Ryan Stipanovich

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
New Wyoming basketball coach Allen Edwards played a game of meet the new guy on Monday as he and assistant coach Jeremy Shyatt flew to Saint Louis to talk to Ryan Stipanovich.

"It was awesome seeing them and especially Coach Edwards because I had never met him before,” Stipanovich said. "He is real cool guy. Real chill and laid back. He knows what he is talking about and he is excited. I am excited for him.

“It is definitely a change to get to know a coach and then have that coaching change. It is a different look on the school. I don’t think they will change much recruiting. I think it will be basically the same. It will be fun to get to know Coach Edwards.”

Stipanovich said he and the Wyoming coaches talked about getting him into Laramie for a visit, perhaps in May to get to meet the team and look at the facilities for himself. Stipanovich said he has not been to the area before and is looking forward to learning more.

Stipanovich is a 6-foot-7, 190-pounder from DeSmet Jesuit High School in the Saint Louis (MO) area. After being voted second team All-Metro Catholic Conference a year ago as a sophomore, Stipanovich is averaged 15 points, and five rebounds per game this year. In addition to a scholarship offer from Wyoming, he holds offers from IUPUI, Eastern Illinois, Southern Illinois-Edwardsville and Evansville. He said he is likely to start taking some visits next month in an effort to find his perfect school. Thus far he claims no favorites.

“I am going to start visiting a bunch of schools,” he said. "Maybe some in May, then definitely in June and then after the session in July. I’ll be pretty busy.”

The Saint Louis star plays for the Saint Louis Gateway AAU program and will spend his July in South Carolina and Las Vegas with a hometown tournament slipped in.

https://wyoming.n.rivals.com/news/edwards-and-shyatt-visit-saint-louis-star

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News