ADVERTISEMENT

Denver Cherry Creek's WR Parker favors WYO

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
During the early stages of his recruitment, Denver wide receiver Joseph Parker has been told by various colleges that they would like to see the highlight tape of his first four games of his senior season before they decide on offering a scholarship.

"There are a lot of schools that want tape of the first few games of this year before they decide," Parker said. "Right now Wyoming is number one and it could be game over (for his recruiting) by the end of the first game.

"They (Wyoming) want me to commit right now. I told them I want to get on-campus to see what a game and the campus is like during the season and decide if it is the place for me."

Parker has already made his reservations in Laramie for the Montana game, as well as Wyoming's game game against Air Force. Parker has also set up a visit in Laramie for late July to meet with the coaches again and go over the virtues of the program.

Parker is a 5-foot-10, 180-pound receiver from Cherry Creek claims 4.4 speed in the 40-yard dash. Last season he accounted for 31 catches for 393 yards and three scores. Parker says he holds scholarship offers from Colorado State, Northern Colorado, and Wyoming. Of the three schools to have offered, one stands out.

"Wyoming said they will graduate five wide receivers and they will take four this year," he said. "They said I had a chance to be an impact player for them right away. They also have a coaching staff that has good history with what they did at North Dakota State. They know how to win and I think they can bring that to Wyoming too."

While Wyoming is the leader for Parker's services, there is competition. Kansas State and Colorado have both been in contact with Parker, though there is no scholarship offer yet. Parker said he likes the coaches at both schools.

"I am open to talking to schools right now, but I do love Wyoming and I am keying in on them," added Parker."

Joe Parker

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News