ADVERTISEMENT

DB Nick Fisher visiting UW Saturday

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Temecula (Calif.) defensive back Nick Fisher will take his first official college visit this weekend as he travels to Laramie, Wyo. to check out the Wyoming Cowboys. The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Fisher holds six scholarship offers and said he is excited to see what Wyoming has to offer.

"I am interested to see how I fit into their program, how soon I would play there and what number I am on their recruiting board," Fisher said. "I want to know what the next four years will hold for me. I also want to see the surroundings, understand the education and how they deal with education and football at the same time."

Currently, Fisher holds scholarship offers from Wyoming, Colorado, Montana State, Sacramento State, New Mexico and UNLV. He said his recruiting contact at Wyoming is defensive backs coach John Richardson who has told Fisher he has a chance to get on the field early.

"I talk to Coach Richardson a lot and he said he expects me to have an early impact there," Fisher said. "He said they are graduating their safeties this year."

Fisher said he hopes to see a close-knit team on his visit to Laramie and is looking forward to checking out the Cowboys pre and post-game routines. He said his position flexibility will have his head on a swivel Saturday night when Wyoming hosts Air Force.

"I will probably be watching all of the positions I might play just so I don't get surprised in case I come in and get moved," FIsher said. "I can play running back, slot, wide receiver, corner, and safety."

Fisher is being recruited mainly as a defender, despite a strong reputation as a running back for Great Oak High School. Last season Fisher rushed for 1,200 yards and he started this season off with 257 yards and three scores on the ground. While he does like running with the ball, Fisher said he doesn't mind changing sides of the ball in college.

"I like defense as well," he said. "In high school I run the ball so much that I don't play defense very much."

Fisher did find the defensive side of the ball enough to collect three interceptions a year ago.

In addition to his Wyoming visit, Fisher said he plans to visit Colorado in two weeks. He said his mother has told him the Boulder-area is beautiful and he looks forward to seeing it, as well as reconnecting with a Buffalo coaching staff he said has been very good to him.

"I don't have any specific timeframe for a decision," Fisher said. "I think I will make a decision when my parents and I can decide what will be best for me over the next four years."

Nick Fisher

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News