ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys recruiting Cherry Creek Linebacker

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Denver-area powerhouse Cherry Creek is in the midst of a 9-2 season and for senior linebacker Steven O'Malley, things could not have gone better.

"I've never been apart of a team that feels so much like an actual family before," he said. "We hold ourselves to a high expectation, and we try to play at the highest level we can every time we play. We have a pretty big game coming up this week against Thunder Ridge and they have a pretty nice team and it's at their place. But I think that the season couldn't be going any better, even with the two losses."

The 6-foot, 230-pound O'Malley is playing outside linebacker and strong safety for the Bruins this season and according to the Denver Post, has accounted for 40 tackles and two sacks this season. His efforts have netted some attention from college coaches, including some from Wyoming.

"I went up to a game earlier in the season when they played Eastern Michigan. Other than that I still talk to Coach Cooper on the phone every now and then," he said. "They keep telling me how they want to lock down the best talent in Colorado and how I'm some of that talent. They tell me to keep working and playing the way I do and that they will keep talking to me, and that I will hear more from them."

O'Malley said he holds a scholarship from South Dakota, as well as a few Division II schools. He said the next step for him is to continue taking visits before making his decision.

"I'm thinking about taking some visits but I'm talking it over with my family as to where we will visit," O'Malley said. "South Dakota obviously will probably be one of the schools but other than that I don't really know. I've gone up to Wyoming, Northern Colorado, CSU-Pueblo, and Kansas to watch games over the past few weeks."

https://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1826921

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News