ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys Offered WR C.J. Johnson

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Wyoming football extended an offer to Bellevue (Neb.) West wide receiver C.J. Johnson last month and has stayed in contact with the 6-foot-2 and 181 pound prospect. Both program and player are feeling each other out and evaluating how the recruiting process ends.

The Pokes will be in strong competition for Johnson's services with FCS champion North Dakota State, Ohio, South Dakota State, Liberty, and Western Michigan offering him and the possibility of more offers coming.

The Cowboy staff appears to like Johnson and he's among their top 2015 receiving prospects, a player that is a smooth route runner, he has some explosion with quickness and can play aggressive.

Johnson isn't ready to make a decision on where he will play college football, while the possibilities look good for his future at the next level.

"I'm going to take it part by part this summer in regarding a decision and see where it goes," said Johnson. "I've talked about with my family and we'd like to make a decision before my senior year starts. We'll see how it goes."

Johnson visited Laramie back in April before making a trip up to North Dakota State this month and receiving an offer from the Bison.

The wide receiver will check out Nebraska on June 9th, Wisconsin on the 15th, and possibly Iowa State later in the month of June.

Johnson's goal is to have a decision made by the end of the summer and before the start of the football season.

C.J. Johnson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News