ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboys Offer Okla. O-Lineman Kaden Jackson

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Kaden Jackson knows one thing about his college football choice, they will be a winner.

"I am looking for a winning program," Jackson said Sunday. "I have lost three games in my high school career and I want to continue that."

Jackson, a 6-foot-2, 270-pound center from Kingfisher (Okla.) High School holds scholarship offers from Wyoming, Ohio, North Texas, UTEP, South Dakota, New Mexico, Sam Houston State, and Abilene Christian.

He is also garnering interest from Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State. Finding a program that is somewhat close to home, one that can offer a strong coaching staff, and the opportunity to win is important to this Sooner State Center, who won a state title last year, and lost in the state finals the season before.

"I use great leverage, I am fast, I rely on my speed, and I hit hard," Jackson said when asked to detail his strengths. "I am coming after you every single play. I guarantee you that."

Jackson said Sunday that he has a list of his top four schools in no particular order - Wyoming, New Mexico, North Texas, and UTEP. He said he plans to visit those schools this fall, as well as Ohio.

Jackson said the Wyoming coaching staff and a strong reputation as a program have led him to look into the Cowboys.

"I've never heard anything bad come out of that program," Jackson said. "A couple of people from where I live have said, have you thought about Wyoming? It intrigued me. I might as well see what it is like.

"I have heard it is a good program and great people that come out of Wyoming. I know they have very nice facilities and the coaches I have talked to are very good coaches and very up-tempo and I like that. They said they are starting something great. That is all I hear about them is they are making a rise, and they are going to compete. They keep saying come be a part of something great. It is a whole new program."

Jackson said he has not yet decided on a timeline for his recruitment, but he is going to wait until at least the end of the summer before he makes a decision. He said when he does, it will be because he was impressed on his visit.

"They have to show me everything," Jackson said. "They have to bring the A game is what I am saying."

Kaden Jackson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News