ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy Quarterback, spring ball.

Cowboys

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2001
I like both Q'backs. Tyler and Sean

Why did Coach take so long to pull TVW last year? Am I the only one that was confused by the decision to sit Tyler. He had to take a lot of the early season pressure and the best teams we played, by far. I think He deserved to sit and watch, others, take some snaps. That was not His fault.. Clearly He had to start against the best teams on our schedule.

TVW was started because the Coaches thought He was the best QB of the Day, and perhaps He was. But, did He deserve all the negative talk from most of the Fans. No, I think!

He started New Mexico ST, didn't look bad but dropped passes hurt his Confidence.

He started WSU, They ended up the best team in the Pac 12, A Blizzard game cost their passing attack the game. 8 inches of Wet blowing snow, I watched the game. WSU had a very easy non conference schedule. But they may have had the toughest league schedule. JMO

Missouri cleaned our plate, the game 7 days after WSU, And our Defense did not play so well.

Wofford, TVW showed us He had a set and lead us from the jaws of defeat late in the game.

Boise ST had the best Quarterback in our conference and kick our ass. The young O line was maturing but I feel cost us the game.

Wen't to Hawaii. the 2nd best team in the West div, we could have won. The Bow had a good year.

Fresno, Well just the best team in the league by far, We played well, did Tyler cost us this game, I don't think so. Our O line was learning skill. How many dropped passes in all fairness?

Utah St, A team that should have won the game against Michigan St, THERE, Lead the league with Offensive Points all year. Wyoming defense played very well and We started Sean in the second half and He sparked a life less Offense. Would Sean showed a way Wyoming could have beaten the Aggies?

TVW started the first 8 games of the year. My Heavens, should we have put so much pressure on a FROSH QB, when others could have played and Helped Him so He could have seen the game from the bench. I think It could have Helped him understand that He alone was not to blame for being 2 and 6 on the year. I think the decision to have Sean take some of the pressure for a woeful offense could have helped the team grow.

TVW had to have all the pressure of starting at QB for the Wyoming Cowboys for the first 8 games of the season when our fans expected to see some winning and a successful QB. I think our Coaches put to much pressure on a frosh QB When Clearly, there were many offensive problems.

Sean, Got to start against the worst part of the conference, Sean looked really good and made mistakes most freshmen make. But, He helped our Cowboy team when they needed help so bad. He was a very good sight for very sore eyes. And if Hell would have it, He broke his leg against the Ugly CSU Rams (I think). CSU clearly was one of the worst teams in the Eastern conference. So we were 3 and 6 and had to win out. Sean put life back into the team when we needed it bad, and He put life in TVW as well, and I wish they would have played him for a few series in all of our games. I know they wanted to keep him a red shirt but our offensive team was to inexperienced for a good season. I don't blame TVW for the whole mess of the offense, Our team is not as talented as it needs to be. Period and If we get a QB like Allen (superman) maybe they can win 8 to 10 games a year. We need more and better players everywhere on the team.

I watchrd the UCF LSU game last night for the first time. Yes, I saved it for a month. LSU played the Bowl game with 9 starters on Defense out because of the NFL and they had two more D Backs get thrown out or the game for Illegal, and roughing plays, and yes, punching WR's and they still played with UCF and won the game with 10 or so starters missing. Can anyone Cowboy fan imagine having 8 DB's on our team that could play? I think our Cowboy teams need more and more depth to be considered a very good team. I don't blame Freshmen QB's for losing games. Period. If so why wasn't Sean ready to play the first game of the year. And, now some of my Cowboy brothers expect him to be the starter hands down. I hope you are correct but I think you are kidding your selves. We still have a OC that won't develop a short passing game so we?

Peace my fine feathered friends.

Reactions: SWWYOPOKE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News