ADVERTISEMENT

Cowboy football adds 10th and 11th commitments

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Wyoming football picked up its 10th and 11th commitments for 2015 when Del City (Okla.) cornerback Andrew Wingard picked Craig Bohl's staff this week.

Both players look to play in the secondary at Wyoming and both bring good athleticism to the unit.

"Coaches like my athleticism and versatility," Wingard told GoWyoGo.com last week. "That is why I haven't been specified as corner or safety. They think I can come in and do whatever is best for the team."

Wingard is a versatile athlete playing running back and defensive back for Ralston Valley High School. He said his decision came down between Wyoming and Colorado.

"It was awesome," he said of his visit during the UW/Air Force game. "I have been in contact with the Wyoming coaches since my junior year. We have good relationships. The coaches made me feel at home. It is a great atmosphere and Wyoming had that final drive to pull off the win. It really capped off a great night. It was good."

Freeman looks to bring speed to the program and his visit last weekend was the final nail for him deciding on the Pokes.

"Wyoming is the one school that has been recruiting me the hardest," he said. "They seem to pay a lot of attention to me, and I like that."

The 5-foot-9 cornerback had offers on the table from Wyoming, Arkansas State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, and North Texas.

"I am great at returning kicks, I am very fast and I am a lockdown corner," Freeman added.

UW Gains 2 Verbals

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News