ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago OT Zach Wallace favors Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Wyoming's campus and scenery both showed well last week when Lake Zurich (Ill.) offensive tackle Zach Wallace visited the Laramie campus. The 6-foot-7, 250-pounder said he liked what he saw and now considers Wyoming to be his favorite.

"I think I am leaning towards Wyoming at this point," Wallace said Tuesday.

The Cowboy coaching staff may not have to wait long to understand Wallace's future as he said he would like to have a college decision made soon, probably within the next couple of weeks.

While Wyoming is the only school Wallace has visited, it is not the only school he has a scholarship offer to. Wallace also holds offers from Central Michigan as well as Eastern Michigan and has been in touch with Michigan State, among others.

One important non-football component of his recruitment was Wyoming's efforts to build a Tier I Engineering student. Wallace would like to major in mechanical engineering and said he was impressed with Wyoming's commitment to upgrading its engineering facilities.

"I went with my mom and my sister and we agreed that we all liked it," Wallace said. "I liked the new engineering building. That was a big plus for me. "

Wallace said he spent time during his visit last week watching practice, taking campus tours, and having lunch in the Wildcatter Suites. He said he also got some time with the Cowboys' head coach, Craig Bohl.

"We talked about what kind of a player they are interested in for their new program," Wallace said. "He said he wants a student-athlete who will compete, and complete a meaningful degree, while winning conference titles."

Wallace said last season he helped his Lake Zurich High School team to a 12-2 record and an appearance in the Class 7A State Playoffs.

Zach Wallace

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News