ADVERTISEMENT

CB Tyler Hall commits to Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Tyler Hall took his time after a terrific visit to the University of Wyoming, thought it over and decided Laramie was the place for him after all. The 5-foot-10, 175-pounder from Gardena (Calif.) committed to the Cowboys on Friday after spending time with his parents talking about his future.

"I made the commitment two days ago," Hall said. "After the visit I took me some time to come back and talk to my parents. I had a nice talk with my mom Friday and she said if I was comfortable with Wyoming she was happy for me. I called (Cornerbacks Coach John) Richardson and told him I would like to commit. He was pretty excited."

Hall comes to Wyoming via Serra High School where he posted impressive numbers such as 52 tackles, three interceptions, and 16 passes broken up. He said Wyoming was the school he was the most interested in from the start as the Cowboy coaches offered him a scholarship in November. Last weekend he came to Laramie to check out the Wyoming program.

"It was a great visit," Hall said. "I met with the coaches, and the players. My relationship with Richardson is great. He is from where I live. We connect with where we are from and what it would be to move to Wyoming. My visit went well. The team had a good chemistry. The coaches treated us well up there and I had a good time."

Hall, who said the Wyoming coaching staff wants him to play cornerback, said his decision to commit came down to the bond he felt between the players, as well as the improvement he saw from the Wyoming program itself.

"I want to be somewhere the program is is on the rise and I see a great future for Wyoming."

Hall also said the newly renovated business program at the University made an impact in his decision.

"I told the coaches I wanted to major in business management and they said they had a good business management program," Hall said. "They just fixed up the business building and it is pretty high-technology and the coaches said they take school very serious and I could get a good education."

https://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1836379

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News