ADVERTISEMENT

CB Davion Freeman official UW visit this weekend

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
This weekend's trip to Laramie is the first and perhaps the last official Davion Freeman will take with visits. The Del City (Okla.) cornerback said he will travel to the University of Wyoming on Saturday after a 6:20 a.m. flight from Oklahoma City to Denver.

If everything goes well, he said there is a chance he comes back next fall, naming his top three as Wyoming, Arkansas State, and North Texas.

"Wyoming is the one school that has been recruiting me the hardest," he said. "They seem to pay a lot of attention to me, and I like that."

When asked if there was a chance that he would commit with a good visit this weekend, he said, "probably so."

Freeman said he has been recruited hard by the Wyoming Cowboys who have told him Laramie is a great place and they require a certain level of physicality.

"I feel like this trip is going to be a lot of fun," Freeman said. "I want to see the facilities. I am looking to see if this will be a place where I can get playing time and if this is a place that I will fit in."

Freeman holds scholarship offers from Wyoming, Arkansas State, New Mexico, New Mexico State, and North Texas. Despite his small stature of 5-foot-9, and 157 pounds, Freeman runs a 4.4 in the 40 yard dash and has accounted for six touchdowns already this season.

"I am great at returning kicks, I am very fast and I am a lockdown corner," Freeman said when asked to describe his game.

Davion Freeman

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News