ADVERTISEMENT

Casper Natrona's Taven Bryan Four Scholarship Offers

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
As the football off-season has progressed, so has the number of the scholarship offers for Natrona County offensive line prospect Taven Bryan. The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Casper tackle has recently added a pair of scholarship offers from the State of Washington to go along with local offers of Colorado State and Wyoming.

"The coaches at Washington and Washington State called and offered me a full-ride," Bryan said. "It was exciting. I am looking forward to getting out to see what they have to offer."

Bryan said he will make Seattle part of a very busy month of April in which he intends to visit Nebraska (April 6), Washington (April 19) and likely Laramie.

"I think that I am looking for on these visits are education, sports and probably location," Bryan said. "I would like to know if there is stuff like nice weather and just see what they have got to offer."

Bryan was an All-State offensive lineman a year ago for the Class 4-A champion Natrona County Mustangs. He was also a Second Team All-State defensive end.

The Mustang tackle said he has yet to declare any favorites, preferring to keep his options open at this point. He said he is keeping in contact with coaches from the home-state Cowboys.

"They usually contact me weekly-ish," Bryan said. "They send some pretty funny stuff. They sent wanted posters of me a couple weeks ago. I have to give them creativity credit. That was pretty funny. I think I am going to take a visit down there and check it out."

This spring Bryan will have a plateful of activities, led by several track events. Bryan was fifth in the state 4-A discus a year ago and is working on his shot put as well. He added he is toying with the idea of participating in the hurdles and the 100 meter dash.

Taven Bryan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News