ADVERTISEMENT

Burman's dilemma....

hirta

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2004
Greybull, WY.
Burman's dilemma has become UW's 900 lb gorilla in the room.

This is a problem that Burman made, pure and simple. He hooked the UW wagon, lot, stock and barrel and a lot of money (for us) to Bohl's wagon, and he overspent. We are now tied into a coach that has us stuck in a mediocre part of the conference and can't get himself or the program out of it. I am hoping that as some others have suggested that Bohl will retire after this season, oh yes please Bohl retire!

The UW athletic department talks about "excellence" and excellence needs the fan base to help with the expenses. The problem is that this talk of excellence has NEVER, and I do mean NEVER been shown on the football gridiron at UW during Burman's tenure as the AD. It has been over 30 years since UW last captured a football championship! On top of this, for years now we have rarely even been in the upper echelon of the MWC in the football standings and yet the Wyoming fan base has been one of the most generous group of fan bases in the MWC. What have we gotten for this investment? Zero championships, rarely do we finish in the upper echelons of the MWC, but we have some of the best facilities. I thought the facilities were supposed to allow us to bring in the type of athletes that would make us more competitive. Well, it hasn't and there does not appear to be anyone held accountable at UW for these constant failures. Yes I will call them failures if we haven't won a conference football championship in over 30 years and there is nothing on the horizon that appears to change this and our AD stays mum on everything.

Your talk of excellence upon the gridiron is hollow UW. Lately Burman has become like Howard Hughes, has anyone actually heard from Tom Burman about anything affecting the football program in years now? If my memory serves me correctly he was quoted a while back about the possible merger between the MWC and the PAC, but as usually he said nothing of consequence, just a lot of meaningless public speak. It sure does appear that Bohl is Burman's boss, instead of the other way around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News