ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona DE visiting Wyoming

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
As the Recruiting Season for 2015 comes around the final stretch, the University of Wyoming continues its search for defensive end help by inviting Prescott (Ariz.) athlete Skylor Clinton to Laramie for a visit this weekend.

Clinton currently holds scholarship offers from Wyoming and Western Illinois and said he will decide between those two schools in the next week.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Clinton accumulated 1,990 total yards last season as a quarterback and running back and was named First Team All-State in Arizona. He also played outside linebacker. He said the Wyoming football team first came calling about three weeks ago and he has liked the sales pitch.

"I was talking to quite a few schools at that level and they are the first ones that pulled the trigger on a visit," Clinton said. "They want me as a defensive end.

"Coach (AJ) Cooper said I would like Laramie because I come from a small town. I am just interested in seeing what there is to do up there and what the school, and facilities look like. I also like Wyoming because they said I could come in and compete."

Clinton said he is looking forward to his first snowmobiling trip and to see what the difference looks like between facilities at the FBS level and the FCS level, as he has already visited Western Illinois.

Skylor Clinton

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News