ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone who was at the game I have a question for?

twistedpoke

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Did we have a player in the right hand corner open on that last pass that was intercepted? It looked like it on tv, but I know it is different in real gametime. The guy looked wide open, but terrible camera angle. We had plenty of time, wondering why Allen didn't take off running and use the sideline to stop the clock. Or pass to the guy who might have been open in the corner. Not throw in the middle of the field.

It is a learning experience and anyone who thinks he isn't devastated by it is stupid. We also had the option of the field goal. I am disappointed, but we were the better team. We definitely need a special teams coach. Which I am sure will be taken care of. All I know is that if we didn't have Allen saving our ass all year because of crappy play calling , we would have won 5 games at most. Some people will be fooled about our play calling because we were winning games, I am not one of them. We sure are going to miss our senior receivers big time. We are young, we will be better next year, and I hope Vigen improves with his play calling as much as the team will between now and next year. The defense played their hearts out. BYU had a huge line and a very good running back.

Vigen did try some new plays to counter them stopping our running game, but the timing was questionable on the draw plays. I liked the pass in the flats, and letting Hill try and turn the corner and use his speed. The off tackle calls need to take a back seat until we can open up the defense with some of the plays he used tonight. Harshman had a great catch, that play has been there all year. Great representation by the fans who showed up. We could hear you cheering very loud. Proud of all of you who made it. You people make me proud to be a Poke fan. We finally have an off season to really look forward to. Great job coach Bohl. That is the last Bowl game we lose for a while. Allen is still a very good qb in my book. He made our season a special one. He carried this Poke team on his back most of the year. We win 10 games next year.

Reactions: CCPoke and TLPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News