ADVERTISEMENT

2022-2023 Men's BB Rotation

NowherePoke

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
May 8, 2004
I know it was mentioned in another thread, but I thought it deserved it's own discussion. Our rotation next year looks to be a real problem. By that, I mean we have too many good players, LOL. Just a ridiculous job by Jeff Linder (unfortunately, I expect we will have to start a HC coaching candidate thread sometime around March of next year, but that's a first world problem I suppose).

Anyway, here is how I see it (year listed as their eligibility, so a player with two years left will be listed as a Junior):

Starters:

PG - Ethan Anderson (Jr.)
SG - Xavier DuSell (So.)
Maldo - Maldo (Sr.) - He is his own position
F - Jeremiah Oden (So.) or Max Agbonkpolo (Jr.)- The most debatable position IMO. I am super high on Oden and believe he could be an absolute monster. On the flip side, Max (let's just agree to go with "Max" to save us all the embarrassment of misspelling his name) has improved every year at USC and seems to profile as a high impact guy in the MWC. Both will be key parts of the rotation.
C - Graham Ike (So.)

Bench (in order of minutes played by my guess):

F - Oden/Agbonkpolo - Whoever doesn't start. I wouldn't be surprised to see both of these guys play a little "3" and maybe even a little "5" against really small lineups (someone like how USU played last year with Horvath at the 5).

G - Brandon Wenzel (So.)

C - Hunter Thompson (Sr.)

To me, those (8) players are pretty obvious. I also expect Powell to redshirt and Barnhart to be buried pretty deep as he continues to work on this body. The real big question is which of Kyman, Foster, and Reynolds gets the most time. I don't really see Linder going 11 deep (or even 10), so one or two of those guys are going to be sitting on the bench. Even though Kyman is a former high level recruit and Foster has proven to be a starter caliber player in the MWC, I kind of see Reynolds getting a lot of minutes. He showed some real flashes and this team needs some playmaking off the dribble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News