ADVERTISEMENT

wyopoke

Cattle Baron
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2002
For all the bluster in Fort Collins, with bowl eligibility looming, on a beautiful November afternoon in the Rockies, the Rams announced -- that is announced not actual cheeks in the seats -- 15,461 attendance. A friend who is a CSU diehard -- we all have failings and I forgive him on this one -- says the actual attendance ``was maybe 12,000.'' Oh, and I might add, that's with Coach Bobo offering free pizza to any students who showed up.

Man, I'm sure Big 12 or Big 10 or Pac 10 is drooling when it sees that kind of support.

Wouldn't it be great if a Wyoming team that has been struggling, having only one win in 11 games, could close out its scheduled at the War in 13 days against that same UNLV team and have a bigger attendance than the folks at CSU, who are trying to be creative in feeding their dream of a P5 invite.
Word I heard is that they went out and got donors to contribute to their new stadium, but guess what, they are using 100 percent bond money to finance the stadium and are going to take the donations to help offset department budget overruns.

Also the new stadium is nice, but if they are bonding $250 million exactly when can they expect the new stadium to create a revenue increase.

Whether we are sunshine pumpers or bitter old men, we all share one thing in common -- a love for the Brown and Gold. Wouldn't it be great to show up in a sizable number for that season finale, give the eight seniors who were Cowboy Tough Enough to stay the course a great sendoff, and make sure the younger players realize how important we know they are to the long-term good of Cowboy football?

I know it's going to be cold. I know I'm begging. But folks if we aren't Cowboy Tough how can we expect the folks who are just being introduced to the greatness of being a Cowboy to learn what Cowboy Tough means?

And for those traveling from afar, it's a bonus trip. There's the final football game of the season at noon, and the basketball team takes on Montana State at 7 p.m.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News