ADVERTISEMENT

WYO offers Juco CB Isaiah Taylor

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
As a high school recruit, Isaiah Taylor had a plan in mind for college. He was set to be an Arizona State Sun Devil. After a coaching change, the new staff at ASU didn't offer Taylor's scholarship and Taylor found himself taking the JUCO route to a Division I career.

Two years later, the 6-foot, 180-pound cornerback holds three scholarship offers and says he will decide on his future school after his season at Sacramento City College in California.

Last season the Sacramento native managed two interceptions, 14 passes broken up, 32 tackles and he did not allow a touchdown. In addition, Taylor said he has been timed at 4.41 in the 40-yard dash. Due to his athletic ability, and his production, he has received scholarship offers from Wyoming, Kansas State, and UC-Davis.

"I think the best things I do are playing press coverage," he said. "I think I can also play off-man well and I have good awareness and good burst to the ball."

Taylor said at this point he has spoken with three members of the Wyoming staff, including head coach Craig Bohl.

"At Wyoming, I think they have good coaches," Taylor said. "They talk to me a lot and it feels like they have a real family-oriented team. I think it is closer to home than Kansas State and I could also get on the field right away.

"I like Kansas State in the fact they are well-known," Taylor said. "They play in a powerhouse conference and I think it is a good coaching staff that will get the best out of me. I think it could be a good experience.

"UC-Davis is probably better-known for it's school."

Taylor said he had planned to make his college decision on his birthday of August 25th, but has since changed his mind and decided to concentrate on the season before making his final choice after the season is over.

"It will come down to who wants me the most," Taylor said. "Plus, if it is close to home that would ne nice. Really, I want to find a place I can play early."

Isaiah Taylor

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News