ADVERTISEMENT

What do we Aspire to Be?

Raydio

Rough Rider
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I (and I suspect the bulk of posters here) have lived the bulk of our lives supporting a program that has no aspirations. But that's sort of the problem too. I guess all of us are guilty to one degree--from the legislature to the one game a year fan, we tolerate decades--decades--of mediocrity, holding on to hope while allowing the folks in charge to putt along producing average programs on an annual basis while a parade of coaches run through Laramie making millions of dollars while delivering......

The product on the field is uninteresting, bland, predictable and unable to consistently compete at this level. Quick: Name three valid threats the Cowboy offense has on the field. 271 total yards today, and we managed to get shut out at home by a team that was worse offensively than we were.

Five turnovers. A 17-0 snoozer. Imagine loading up the family and traveling from Cody/Jackson/Sheridan etc., spending money on over-priced hotels, meals, gas, etc., and getting treated to that.

Must be time to extend Bohl...

I don't care if we run the table the rest of the way(ha...can you imagine), we need a total and complete cleaning of house in the AD, from the man at the top through the entire coaching staff. At some point, our lawmakers, trustees, donors and fans need to ask WTF we want. But who besides fans seem to even care?

Money isn't the only obstacle: I'm convinced that even if we had Nick Saban coaching here, we'd fail--we'd find a way to ensure it. When you have no expectations, nobody fails.

I'm way past time to reboot this show(again). Change it up. FFS, change something. Is six wins a year really worth all of this? Nothing truly changes in Laramie does it? Strange how after Christensen, Schroyer, Shyatt and Edwards all came, made good money and went, and now Bohl, the man responsible for all of that mediocrity isn't even on the hot seat. Who does his employee evaluation? 0 conference championships in football/hoops in 15 years. But he's untouchable. Our head coach is in year 8! and has___championships and is under .500. That's embarrassing to even type. Everyone in the house but the head coach sees it's time to abandon a useless offensive philosophy, but just watch, the untouchable AD will probably give the obtuse head coach a three year extension, because y'know, we're getting close to being real good....

LSU won a national championship in 2019, but today, even after beating Florida, their head coach understands that he's probably finished. Because standards. What do we aspire to be? If we lose to New Mexico next week...

You can't convince me that there aren't prospective AD's/coaches out there who can be any more average/worse than what we've put up with for all this time. Prove me wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News