ADVERTISEMENT

UW Football Offers Auburn (Neb.) Athlete

Ian McMackin

Jun 13, 2002
Baily Darnell, a speed running back and athlete from Auburn (Neb.) was offered by Wyoming on October 23rd. The 6-foot-1 and 185 pound prospect opened eyes at the University of Nebraska Friday Night Lights Camp in June when he was clocked at a 4.59 40-yard dash and a 29.5 inch vertical jump.

Darnell has two offers now from the Cowboys and South Dakota State. He attended the SDSU prospect camp in June where he earned his first scholarship.

Darnell could be looked at number of positions including running back, wide receiver and defensive back for the Pokes, if he ends up in Laramie. He plans to take the college recruiting process slowly.

"All of the recruiting stuff is moving fast," Darnell said. "This is my first year going to camps and experiencing what that is like. It is fast confusing and fun. I like getting to know all of the different coaches and it's exciting. It gets easier as you go once you get though it."

He also has offers from multiple DII schools including Wayne State, Augustana, Bemidjii State, and Sioux Falls. The 2019 prospect has a preferred walk-on offer from Nebraska.

"Getting up field better and being more explosive along with putting one foot in the ground and going instead of rounding it off is something I'm trying to do," Darnell said. "I need to just put my foot in the ground and go."

Darnell has put big numbers this season to-date with 124 rushes for 1254 yards and 18 touchdowns. He has caught 21 passes for 460 yards with 4 reception TD's. Defensively, adding 63 tackles, 1 interception, and 1 fumble recovery. He also returns kicks.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/uw-football-offers-auburn-neb-athlete

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News