ADVERTISEMENT

The mirror universe

Denver Poke

Trail Boss
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
So for everyone wanting to fire Bohl, can we just check what really happened this year? Bohl took the 3rd youngest team in all of FBS, one that lost 15 major contributors from last year, most of which would have been gone had Covid not happened anyways. He took that young team that literally had to hang out a help wanted sign for a QB, and all the a$$hole did was get us 2nd place in our division, a 7-5 record after going against the #1 defense in the country in our first game, and having us more competitive against BYU and BSU than we have been in the MWC era (save for the safety game). And then he has the audacity to hold every player to the same level of accountability. Off with his head!!!

That’s what you all sound like. This is arguably the second best season of his tenure here, and doing it with by far the least experienced team. You could run him off and we bring in another Dimel, who uses Bohl’s players and maybe has a better offensive scheme, but the everything else falls down.

It truly feels like we are in some mirror universe. Maybe I see it way differently, but this is exactly the type of team I would hope we start with, improve at a couple of spots, get more seasoning on our young players and a real upside for the future. Bohl seemed more open to change this year, did some different things that I haven’t seen him do in the previous 8 seasons, and he seemed to be having more fun than we have seen in a long while. All that seems good to me, but maybe I’m looking at this too rationally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News